Club Ride Leader
The Club Ride Leader course is perfect for people who take out club runs and would like some further training and development in the core principles of leading rides.
Aims of this course
The overarching objective for the course is to:
- Inspire participants to want to be Club Ride Leaders and to equip them with the skills and knowledge required.
- Give them the opportunity to practise techniques in a 'safe' environment supported by peers and professional tutors.
To enable the Club Ride Leader to:
- Fulfil the aims and objectives of club riders so that they have a great time and keep coming back
- Increase participation in the club rides
About the course
The course lasts one day and is an engaging mix of practical and theory. We go for a simulated club ride and practise leading different types of groups.
The theory covers:
- Why we are leading club rides
- What areas we need to control
- Where to go and how to assess that
- Simple participant assessment
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
- Understand the process of planning rides
- Be able to verify equipment is safe and appropriate for use
- Be able to assess participants' skill, fitness and experience
- Be able to explain the ride
- Understand group management techniques for club rides
- Be able to deliver inclusive group rides
- Establish and maintain a safe environment and demonstrate safe riding in a group
What you need
In order to fully benefit from this course you should be a regular road club rider with experience of leading club rides.
Experience in group riding is essential with some knowledge of holding a wheel.