Bike Tour Leader
Leading and guiding cycling holidays and tours requires specific skills, competencies and qualities to ensure that events are properly prepared for, run according to plan and time schedule and minimise the opportunities for incidents, as well as being able to deal with them if they do occur.
The CTC Bike Tour Leader course is a unique qualification which deals with all of these areas, engaging with you and your colleagues, accounting for and shaping the course to capitalise on your previous experiences and ensuring that you are competent at all the key requirements of the role.
Bike Tour Leader courses run across the world, at locations and times that suit you.
CTC's Trainers are widely experienced and qualified. They have extensive personal experience and have provided cycling tours, expeditions and holidays throughout the world.
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
This course builds and develops your skills, ensuring that you are competent at:
- Preparing for tours and rides
- Equipment requirements and checking its suitability
- Pre-riding and following previously prepared route information
- Ensuring participants' riding abilities and helping develop these
- Managing groups
- Ending rides, self-reflection and review skills
- Roadside maintenance and repairs
- Navigation, finding your way and knowing where you are
- Providing activities over consecutive days - food, drink and physical demands of tours
- Dealing with emergencies
- Reducing our environmental impacts
What you need
You should be a confident and competent rider on roads, both rural and urban. This would include being able to negotiate busy multi lane junctions, traffic lights and roundabouts.
We recommend that you hold a valid and appropriate first aid certificate or obtain one shortly afterwards.
Please note it is a legal requirement that you are 18 years old or over before you can be in charge of others.