Leading and guiding cycling holidays and tours requires specific skills, competencies and qualities to ensure that events are properly prepared for, run according to plan and time schedule and minimise the opportunities for incidents, as well as being able to deal with them if they do occur.
This course builds and develops your skills, training you to:
- prepare for tours and rides
- understand equipment requirements and check its suitability
- pre-ride routes and follow previously prepared route information
- ensure participants' riding abilities and help them develop
- manage groups
- perform roadside maintenance and repairs
- deal with riders’ needs for food, drink and rest
- deal with emergencies
- reduce our environmental impacts
Please contact the Courses & Training Helpline to find out if this course is available for booking: 01483 238 337
The Tour Leaders course equips you well to lead cycle touring. Further qualifications allow you to explore other specialisms, like CTC’s Mountain Bike Leader course.