Cycle-friendly employers (CTC views)
CTC View (formal statement of CTC's policy):
- Employers should recognise the health, environmental and economic benefits of promoting the use of cycles for commuting and work purposes.
- Actions that employers should take include:
- making cycling an integral part of a Travel Plan
- paying the full, tax-free cycle mileage rate
- subscribing to other tax incentives (e.g. the Cycle to Work scheme)
- incentivising cycling through Workplace Challenges, events etc.
- providing good quality facilities (e.g. cycle parking, showers and lockers
- supporting a bicycle users group (BUG)
- supplying ‘pool’ bikes
- Employers should not be discouraged from promoting cycling because of liability fears, neither should they make cycle training or wearing a cycle helmet a prerequisite for cycling on business.
Download full campaigns briefing:
Publication Date:July 2012