We work to protect and promote cycling to create a healthier, cleaner world, now and for the future. We want the UK to be a place where it’s easy and safe for people of all ages to cycle, whatever their ability, background or income. We believe that cycling is more than just transport; it makes you feel good, gives you a sense of freedom and creates a better environment for everyone.
We encourage all types of cycling, on the road or off it. We support you if you already ride, or would like to ride, to work or school, for health, touring, sport and leisure – or just because it’s fun.
We’ve been working for cycling for over a century. Nationally and locally, we use our knowledge to influence decision makers and help people discover how cycling can change lives.
- We provide expert, practical help and advice.
- We support individuals and communities.
- We protect cyclists’ interests.
- We campaign to make cycling mainstream and to remove the things that stop people cycling.
- We help people develop the confidence and skills to cycle.
- We promote the benefits of cycling to individuals, to society and to the economy.
CTC is an independent charity, and relies on 70,000 members, volunteers, grant funders and partners for support. Without them, we would not be able to do our vital work in communities inspiring hundreds of thousands of people across the UK to cycle.
Why support CTC?
Whether you’re new to cycling, ride regularly or want to get back into it, we cater for you. With over 130 years’ experience to share, we are passionate about helping more people to enjoy the benefits of cycling.
As an independent charity, we are heavily reliant on voluntary donations for funding. You can help us grow and support our work by becoming a member.
Here are ten reasons to join CTC:
- Help encourage thousands more people to cycle and keep cycling
- Give cycling a louder voice – we campaign to promote cycling
- Be part of a 70,000 strong network that looks after cyclists
- Enjoy the support and inspiration of your local cycling community
- Access our expertise to help make your neighbourhood cycle-friendly
- Choose from thousands of free, diverse local rides
- Discover new routes – we have a vast library of them
- Ride with peace of mind – you’ll be covered by £10m third party insurance and will benefit from a cycling-related legal helpline
- Take advantage of cycling advice by phone, email or on the forum. There aren’t many questions about cycling that we can’t answer
- Enjoy our award-winning magazine ‘Cycle’ six times a year