We want people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to be able to cycle safely, easily and enjoyably.
CTC, the national cycling charity has championed the cause of cycling for well over a century. We promote all forms of cycling, protect the interests of existing and would-be cyclists, and inspire people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to discover the joys of cycling.
As an independent, democratic and expert organisation, our activities reflect the commitment of our members, volunteers and partners to make cycling mainstream, making a lasting difference to the lives of individuals and communities.
Why support CTC?
Whether you’re new to cycling, ride regularly or want to get back into it, we cater for you. With over 130 years’ experience to share, we are passionate about helping more people to enjoy the benefits of cycling.
As an independent charity, we are heavily reliant on voluntary donations for funding. You can help us grow and support our work by becoming a member.
Here are ten reasons to join CTC:
- Help encourage thousands more people to cycle and keep cycling
- Give cycling a louder voice – we campaign to promote cycling
- Be part of a 70,000 strong network that looks after cyclists
- Enjoy the support and inspiration of your local cycling community
- Access our expertise to help make your neighbourhood cycle-friendly
- Choose from thousands of free, diverse local rides
- Discover new routes – we have a vast library of them
- Ride with peace of mind – you’ll be covered by £10m third party insurance and will benefit from a cycling-related legal helpline
- Take advantage of cycling advice by phone, email or on the forum. There aren’t many questions about cycling that we can’t answer
- Enjoy our award-winning magazine ‘Cycle’ six times a year