Allez, Allez! CTC celebrates Tour de France with Yellow Jersey rides
Sally Raines from CTC York says:
If you fancy a taste of the best rides and prefer company, you are warmly welcome to come along to one of the regular CTC group rides that take place every week across the country. Rides are led by experienced cyclists, who know the country lanes and will make sure no rider is left behind. Anyone with a roadworthy bike and an average level of fitness is welcome to come along for a fabulous day out on two wheels. To find your local group go to: www.ctc.org.uk/local-groups
CTC York Yellow Jersey rides:
- York to Boston Spa. 42 miles, flat ride on country lanes and cycle tracks.
- York to Fridaythorpe. 59 miles onto the Yorkshire Wolds and CTC York’s favourite cafe, Seaways in Fridaythorpe, for refuelling tired legs.
- York, Helmsley, Bransdale, Hutton-le-Hole. 81 miles onto the North York Moors.
CTC Heart of England Yellow Jersey rides:
- 55-mile route: a demanding adventure that takes in some steep hills, but rewards your efforts with some stunning views, before a suggested stop at The Hop Pole pub in Droitwich.
- 44-mile route: takes riders on a shorter tour of countryside, with an optional stop at Heart of England’s favourite café at Hatton Top Locks.
- 24-mile course: saunters through beautiful scenery, with a stop in Wooten Wawen at watering hole that has been given the thumbs up by local riders for its great tea and cake.
CTC Stevenage Yellow Jersey rides:
- 100-mile course takes riders on a longer tour of the Hertfordshire countryside, with an optional stop at CTC Stevenage’s favourite café in Saffron Walden.
- 50-mile: a perfect Sunday saunter with a stop at Lavender Tea rooms in Hexton.