SATURDAY 13 OCTOBER 2012
This year's annual conference is being held in Bristol, organised by the Bristol Cycling Campaign
The Theme: More and Safer Cycling: National Context and Local Action
There will be slightly different format from more recent conferences.
One of the key events at the conference will be Cyclescape a tool to help campaigning. The conference will be more practical, focusing on what works, and ideas for campaigning.
The day is set to include:
- A range of guided rides around Bristol to see various elements of Bristol's cycling culture (including those built as part of the Cycling City programme). Sharing discussion and observations from other towns. One ride will collect late-comers at Temple Meads station at 10.30. Alternative walking route allowing more time for talk.
- Themed discussions on campaigning for more and safer cycling based around these topics:
1. Using the media - Facilitated by Victoria Hazael (CTC)
2. Street interventions (infrastructure) - Facilitated by Sara Basterfield
3. Successful campaigning - Facilitated by Jim Chisholm (Cambridge)
4. Building alliances - Facilitated by Eric Booth
5. Developing strategy - Facilitated by Tony Russell
6. Building political will - Facilitated by Simon Geller
- Launch of Cyclescape – tools for campaigning groups Martin and Simon (Cambridge)
- National action plan - Gordon Seabright
An important part of the conference will be the exchange of ideas from within the campaign community. As part of this we would like every campaign group and campaigner to bring a single poster, maximum A1 size, saying something about their campaign group, a success they have had, or a particular campaign they are running. In the breaks there will be an opportunity for groups to talk to each other using the posters.
As usual there will be social events and rides including dinners on Friday and Saturday nights and a chance to join one of the social rides on Sunday.
Cost: £22 per person online or £23 per person by post
Please visit the Cyclenation website booking page to book on-line or to download and post a paper copy.
YOU MUST BOOK BEFORE THE EVENT
Booking deadline: 11th October
Travel: Nearest Station is Bristol Temple Meads.
Accommodation: YHA and Backpacker Hostel plus usual national chain budget hotels
Further details to be added as they become available, for any enquiries please email email@example.com