Volunteer at CTC National Office
CTC, the UK’s largest cycling charity, inspires and helps people to cycle and keep cycling.
We work to protect and promote cycling to create a healthier, cleaner world, now and for the future. We want the UK to be a place where it’s easy and safe for people of all ages to cycle, whatever their ability, background or income. We believe that cycling is more than just transport; it makes you feel good, gives you a sense of freedom and creates a better environment for everyone.
We’ve been working for cycling for over a century. Nationally and locally, we use our knowledge to influence decision makers and help people discover how cycling can change lives.
Purpose of the volunteer role
We urgently require an enthusiastic volunteer to support our staff in a vibrant office environment. The role requires a combination of strengths in correspondence management, relationship building, creative thinking and organisational skills. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a long established, innovative organisation, and contribute to exciting programmes and campaigns to engage and empower more cyclists across the UK.
Experience you can expect to gain
- Be a part of a busy office team in the charity sector
- Help with communications internal/external
- Helping recruit volunteers and provide logistical support for training events.
- Promote campaigns using a wide variety of media methods
- Liaise effectively with partner organisations and local authorities
- Creating databases
- Creating and writing up documents
- Typing letters and emails
- Champion the CTC brand as an organisation who works well towards improving cycle facilities for all
We’re looking for someone who is conscientious, organised and tenacious with good communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
Knowledge of or an interest in cycle campaigning and volunteer support would be an advantage.
- The ability to use basic computer packages (Microsoft Office)
- Flexible approach to work duties and highly organised
- Able to work in a small team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strikingly positive attitude and integrity
- Ability to create and manage databases
- Ability to utilise social media
- Ability to work quickly with minimum support
- Interest in cycling and cycling culture
- Good database management skills
- Good written communication skills
- Experience of working directly with groups of campaigners, in a voluntary or paid capacity
- Understanding and passion for social enterprise
For more on the role and how to get in touch with us, please download the pdf below.