Signage needed for MTB Parks! CTC volunteering opportunity
CTC, the UK’s largest cycling charity, inspires and helps people to cycle and keep cycling.
We work to protect and promote cycling to create a healthier, cleaner world, now and for the future. We want the UK to be a place where it’s easy and safe for people of all ages to cycle, whatever their ability, background or income. We believe that cycling is more than just transport; it makes you feel good, gives you a sense of freedom and creates a better environment for everyone.
We’ve been working for cycling for over a century. Nationally and locally, we use our knowledge to influence decision makers and help people discover how cycling can change lives.
APPLY NOW or call 01483 238 323 for more information
Purpose of the volunteer role
The purpose of this role is to assist CTC with the signage needed for our Bike Parks across the UK, and to compile an operations manual for them. The aim is to:
- Provide improved awareness of necessary information through creative signage design and text;
- Compile an operations manual for the Bike Parks;
- Ensure all users of the on-site facilities are well informed through the clear and concise delivery of information.
Please see role description for further details (link to pdf below).
Experience you can expect to gain
- Be a part of a busy design and communications team in the charity sector
- Help set up clear and concise signage at Bike Park locations across the UK.
- Assist with selecting design and font for use on Bike Park signs
- Research and correct information and materials needed to meet specific requirements within a limited budget
- Compliance with legal and insurance requirements to meet expected standards
- Assist with publication of information in digital format and its use in media and marketing
- Writing guidance and policy information to provide users with a clear understanding of club policies.
We’re looking for someone who is conscientious, organised and tenacious with good written, research and communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
Knowledge of or an interest in MTB, marketing, writing and signage would be an advantage.
- The ability to write concise and clear information in an engaging way
- Flexible approach to work duties and highly organised
- Able to work in a small team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good ability to carry out research on a range of topics
- Interest in cycling and cycling culture
- Marketing and design experience
- Ability and experience of writing guidance and vital information