CTC provides a variety of training for leaders and instructors, employees and employers which aim to help develop staff and provide evidence of competence in specific areas.
These courses have been developed with substantial partners including Forestry Commission, ITC First Aid, PGL Holidays and Local Authorities to meet the needs of employers, staff and volunteers.
Who should attend these courses?
The first aid courses are ideal for anyone riding or working in the outdoors, whether leading groups, with colleagues or lone working.
The Safe Working Practice range of courses are suitable for those who are:
- employed (e.g. staff using bikes as part of their work)
- voluntary (e.g. club members or those working in support of land owners or other activity providers)
- not leading groups but using or overseeing others use bikes
- those checking trails or access routes for land managers, Forestry Commission or Local Authorities
- all those wanting to gain a thorough understanding along with the skills to operate self rides and trail checks safely and effectively
Which organisations should expect their staff and vounteers to attend these courses?
Organisations gain evidence of competence in essential skills applicable to the context of independant use of bikes and applied skills such as dealing with emergencies, base contact procedures and trail checking.
The first aid courses apply to any outdoor environment from bike riding to forest working as well as other outdoor National Governing Body Awards such as MLA, RYA, BCU.
Safe Working Practice provision covers three courses:
- Fundamentals of independant use of bikes in a work or voluntary context
- Technical Areas, extending the fundamentals remit into more technically demanding, remote and high terrain
- Trail Checking including the hows, whats and whys of checking trails for land managers
These can be used in conjunction with other CTC courses including Leader qualifications and Bike Maintenance training.
First aid courses operate both as open and special courses; The Safe Working Practice courses all operate as Special Courses for your group at your suitable venue.