With the principles of group management, risk evaluation and preparation similar (and transferable) across all countries, the Cultural Module looks specifically at those areas that do require local knowledge:
- legal factors - roles and responsibilities in that country; limitations that may apply
- navigation and rights of access
- weather and local effects, as well as local and CTC (previously OTC) qualification specifications of limits
- emergency procedures - how the emergency response services operate and what is expected of you
- communication, the essentials of language and operation
CTC (previously OTC) has staff based within Europe on a permenant basis, as well as staff with extensive experience of other world regions, hence having an indepth knowledge of many regions in order to create a range of country specific Cultural Modules.
Courses are provided throughout Europe during the season, both for the general mountain bike public (open courses) and for companies and organisations (special courses). Where you attend a course based in Europe, it is specific to the country of provision. Moving to a different state means gaining the knowledge provided through a cultural module for that state.