Although we have an outline syllabus, as below, this is flexible and the tutors will patiently deliver the course entirely around your needs and how quickly you want to progress.
- A bike and its parts
- What you can do without tools
- Basic tools and how to use them
- Setting up your bike correctly - saddle, handlebars, levers
- Pre-ride bike check - spot things before they go wrong
- Punctures - taking the wheel out, tyre removal, mending the puncture, replacing inner tubes, replacing the tyre and wheel
- Chains - mending broken chains
- Brakes - cable adjustment
- Gears - indexing (lining up the lever clicks with the gear changes)
- Useful things to carry on your rides
- Emergency repairs - what to do when.....
This course is absolutely to enable you to gain confidence with your bike, how it works and how easy it is do simple things.