To help keep your bike running smoothly and safely this winter we will be holding regular Dr Bike sessions at a variety of locations across the Chilterns. During each session a qualified mechanic from a local bike shop will perform a free, basic bike safety check while you wait.
Basic bike maintenance is important at any time of year, but particularly during winter when weather conditions, dirt and grit on the road can cause problems with brakes and gears much quicker than in the dry summer months.
The Dr Bike sessions will take place monthly from now until March 2014 with the following dates and venues:
- 21st December 2013 - Chesham Town Market, Chesham
- Tuesday 21st January 2014 - Amersham Town Market, Amersham "Winterise Your Bike" session (More details coming soon.)
- 25th January 2014 - Chesham Town Market
- 25th January - Henley Town Market, 10am-2pm
- 30th January - Great Missenden Train Station, 4-7pm
- 15th February - Cafe Africa, Amesham, 10am
- 22nd February - Chesham Local Produce Market, 10am-2pm
- 27th February - Great Missenden Train Station, 4-7pm
- 4th March - Mountain Mania, Tring
- 22nd March - Chesham Local Produce Market
- 27th March - Great Missenden Train Station, 4-7pm
- 29th March - Henley Town Market, 10am-2pm
- 26th April - Henley Town Market, 10am-2pm
- 17th May - Henley Town Market, 10am-2pm
- 28th June - Henley Town Market, 10am-2pm
The mechanics for Amersham, Chesham and Great Missenden will be from CycleFleet in Great Missenden; the sessions in Henley-on-Thames will be run by Henley Cycles. The sessions are also being supported by Chiltern Railways, Chesham Town Council, Henley Town and Sustrans.