When Dr Chris Oliver was head-hunted to be the new chairman of CTC Scotland in 2011, it was his remit to reinvigorate and refresh the Scottish Committee. This has certainly been achieved.
At the gathering, Gordon Seabright  CTC national CEO gave a inspiring workshop on where CTC is going, and John Lauder, National Director for Sustrans Scotland, outlined their developments.
In 2012-13, a review of CTC Scotland was performed and a business case plan drafted. From the plan came the appointment of Suzanne Forup  as a part-time CTC Cycle Development Officer based in Edinburgh. We hope to extend Suzanne's hours over the next year and increase her role especially with inclusive cycling and women. Ian Richardson  is the CTC Officer responsible for Scotland and has made much progress especially with networking across Scotland. We are delighted that we now have three women on the CTC Scotland National Committee.
The new CTC Scotland Committee 2013-14 is as follows:
- Paul Timms , Chair - also chairman of Cycle Tourism Forum
- Gary Cummins, Vice Chair
- Mike Gray, Treasurer,
- Donald Urquhart , Secretary - also CTC Lead on Scottish RoadJustice Campaign
- Claire Connachan, Communications
- David Marsh
- Katy O’Rourke
- Jenny MacLean
- Dave Holladay - Transport
- Peter Hayman  - responsible for networking 2014 CTC National AGM in Glasgow
- Chris Oliver, CTC Councillor for Scotland 2014-17
It's fantastic that we have such a strong and diverse CTC Scotland Committee to help inspire, promote and protect Scottish cycling. We all hope we can provide a powerful voice for cycling with a moderate and mature tone of voice.