We can provide training and essential items for groups, or welcome individuals to open courses and events. We work with people 16+, but often have whole-family rides. Events are free.
If you are part of a community group, work with groups or live in:
- The City Centre
- St Matthews
- Beaumont Leys & Stocking Farms
- Newfoundpool and the north end of New Parks
- The West End / Fosse
- Rowley Fields and the east side of Braunstone
Please contact us to discuss what cycling you are interested in, and we will try to arrange it.
Since April 2012, we have provided:
- Cycling sessions for adults to learn to ride a bike or to become more confident on the road. Over 300 people have learned to ride with us as of Summer 2013.
- Bike try-outs for festivals or neighbourhood gatherings – fun ways to give cycling a go and try different types of bikes.
- Bike repairs for community groups or neighbourhoods – free services and simple fixes. We supply a few common parts.
- Mountain bike / BMX skills sessions at Rally Park and Western Park.
- Led rides, with bikes to borrow
- Maintenance training – learn to repair your own bike, or help out in your group.
- Training for volunteer leaders: Ride leader/manager; National Standards Instructor; Maintenance; First Aid; Mountain Bike Leader
We maintain bikes in the community and always need volunteers to lead rides and look after the bikes and the hubs where they are stored.
This is funded via the Local Sustainable Transport Fund (Department for Transport) until March 2015.
You can contact Elizabeth Barner on:
email@example.com or 07717 572 906
For adult cycle training: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CTC member groups in the area are always up for a ride too. You can look out for: Leicestershire and Rutland CTC at www.ctclr.org.uk; Loughborough CTC; Soar Valley CTC; Loughborough Wednesday Cyclists; Leicester Easy riders; South Leicestershire CTC and Charnwood CTC
No results found.