Leicester Cycle Champions
Cycle Champions in Leicester
The CTC Cycle Champions Project is working with Leicester City Council to offer a range of cycling in specific areas. Here is what's on offer and what areas are covered.
We can provide training and essential items for groups, or welcome individuals to open courses and events. We work specifically with people 16+, but often have whole-family rides when children are welcome. Events are free.Cycle Champions in Leicester is coordinated by CTC Cycling Development Officer Elizabeth Barner.
To find out about the courses or adult cycle training email Leicester Cycle Champions or call 0116 373 7588 for further information
(There are access points to the Rally Park from: Fosse Rd North, St Augustine’s Rd, Tudor Rd, Bonchurch St (LE3 5EG) and the Grand Union Canal.)
- 9:30 – 11:00 Basic Maintenance skills (6 week course)
- 9:30 – 11:00 Learn to ride or gain confidence on the roads (6 week course)
MTB skills sessions run during the last Saturday and Sunday of every month.
Cossington Street Leisure Centre
(Off Belgrave Road)
6-week courses to learn to ride or gain confidence on the road. Bikes and all equipment provided. Must book so that we have the right number of trainers and equipment – contact information above.
- 10:30 – 12:00
- 13:00 – 14:30
- 10:30 – 12:00
Look out for led rides from Cossington Street Leisure Centre
More about the CTC Cycle Champions Project in Leicester
If you are part of a community group, work with groups or live in:
- The City Centre
- St Matthews
- Beaumont Leys & Stocking Farms
- Newfoundpool and the north end of New Parks
- The West End / Fosse
- Rowley Fields and the east side of Braunstone
Please contact us to discuss what cycling you are interested in, and we will try to arrange it.
Since April 2012, we have provided:
- Cycling sessions for adults to learn to ride a bike or to become more confident on the road. Over 600 people have learned to ride with us as of Summer 2014.
- Bike try-outs for festivals or neighbourhood gatherings – fun ways to give cycling a go and try different types of bikes.
- Bike repairs for community groups or neighbourhoods – free services and simple fixes. We supply a few common parts.
- Mountain bike / BMX skills sessions at Rally Park and Western Park.
- Led rides, with bikes to borrow
- Maintenance training – learn to repair your own bike, or help out in your group.
- Training for volunteer leaders: Ride leader/manager; National Standards Instructor; Maintenance; First Aid; Mountain Bike Leader
We maintain bikes in the community and always need volunteers to lead rides and look after the bikes and the hubs where they are stored.
This is funded via the Local Sustainable Transport Fund (Department for Transport) until March 2015.
CTC Member Groups
The CTC member groups in the area are always up for a ride too. You can look out for: Leicestershire and Rutland CTC, Loughborough CTC; Soar Valley CTC; Loughborough Wednesday Cyclists; Leicester Easy riders; South Leicestershire CTC and Charnwood CTC.
No results found.