Cycling in the City
CTC’s cycle rides have taken off with regular rides continuing from Riverside Ice and Leisure every Thursday and Saturday.
In addition, bike maintenance sessions are running in November and we’ve just run three ride leader and supporter courses at Anglia Ruskin University, training a new generation of volunteers, helping people re-discover the pleasure of cycling.
Regular rides - Bike chains in Chelmsford
The regular rides take place from Riverside Ice and Leisure every Thursday and Saturday. They’re free and are nice and gentle, perfect for people wanting to get back to cycling.
- Thursdays – start at 10am, back by noon, with a friendly coffee stop on the way.
- Saturdays – start at 2pm and back by 4pm, a great chance for all the family to explore the beautiful countryside around.
All our rides are led by experienced cyclists, primarily on traffic-free or very quiet routes.
The main goals are to have fun, have time to enjoy friendly company and discover new hidden routes.
Become a better city slicker in Chelmsford
We’re running four bike maintenance classes in November, aimed at people who want to learn the basics of looking after your own bike.
- Saturday 2nd November – 9.30am – 12.30 - beginner
- Tuesday 12th November – 6pm – 9pm – beginner
- Saturday 16th November – 9.30am – 12.30 - beginner
- Monday 18th November – 6pm – 9pm – basic plus
The beginner sessions cover:
- Tips on maintaining your bike
- The basics of brakes
- A full run-down of fixing a puncture – and you get to have a go (promise I can do it so anyone can)
The basic plus sessions are aimed at people that can already fix a puncture and just want more of an introduction to brakes and gears.
We have funding from Essex County Council Highways and have been able to keep the costs down to £15 for the beginner and £25 for the basic plus.
For more details, contact Richard Monk on 01206 506412 or email.
We will be running more in the New Year, so if you want to be added to the list of interested people get in touch. Or what about getting a voucher for your loved one this Christmas?