Cycle Champions in Essex
- Gives people the support and encouragement to get cycling, often for the first time in years and some for the first time ever.
- Works with communities, groups and clubs to enable cycling to develop at grass-roots level.
- Develops new cycling volunteers and supporters, with new skills and great experiences that keep cycling going on long into the future.
Everyone involved in our projects are Cycle Champions!
You can contact us:
- By email
- Phone 01206 506412
- Facebook: ctccyclechampionsessex
- Twitter: ctccycleessex
Chelmsford Cycle ME Time and WoMEn Time
CTC is working with Chelmsford City Council and the WoMEn Time project and Broomfield Hospital to get lots more people cycling. Everybody is welcome to join us and the Chelmsford Chainlinks volunteers who support every ride and training session. There are introductory rides every Tuesday at 10am, slightly longer but still easy rides on Thursdays at 10am and gentle family rides on Saturdays at 1pm. Join the refresher sessions an hour before. All rides and sessions start from Cake at the Lake in Central Park from March to September. We have bikes for you to use. Just ask.
Braintree Brakes and Bells
The Tour de France passes through Braintree and CTC’s cycle rides will help you to explore the quiet lanes it passes through. Join us on Wednesdays at 10am and on the second Sunday of the month at 11am, both from outside Cycles UK in the High Street.
Colchester's Happy Healthy Bikers
You’re always welcome on any of the The Colchester rides. The rides are led by a great team of ride leaders and volunteers. Try the rides from Leisure World.
- Every Wednesday nice introductory rides at 11am
- Saturday gentle family rides at 11am – check with the group for dates
- Every Sunday at 9.30 – longer day rides with the local CTC Member group [link to CTC Colchester} who do sterling work for cycling
Maldon making tracks
Every Tuesday at 11am from outside Maldon Library
Every Sunday 10am from the Bowls hut at Promenade Park, along Park Drive
Every Monday 7pm from the Bowls hut, (from May to August)
Cycling by the Seaside
As if there isn’t enough cycling, with the Tour de Tendring and the Women’s Tour of Britain returning to Clacton, CTC is running regular rides in Clacton and Jaywick to get you feeling fitter and having fun.
You can find out more by following us on Facebook and we’ll publish event and ride dates on the website regularly.
Becoming a Ride Leader
In the last couple of years CTC has trained up close on 100 new ride leaders here in Essex. We are continuing to get even more volunteers trained up to help make the groups as self-sufficient as possible.
If you want to know more, contact us.
Revive your Bike
If you want to learn some basic skills to keep your bike in good nick, CTC will be working with the groups to provide training and support.
We start with fixing punctures and move on to adjusting brakes and gears. The charge for an introductory course is £15 per person and £25 for the next level.
For more information email us.
As if that wasn't enough join the established CTC groups and keep up to date with the CTC Essex Member Group.