CTC helping more people cycle in Essex
CTC has inspired over 3,000 people to cycle in Colchester and Essex since 2008, with a range of gentle and supportive cycle rides, training and other activities to help people re-discover the pleasure of cycling.
Join the BIG Colchester cycle ride on 30th May
Celebrate Colchester’s Tour Series day of cycling with hundreds of other cyclists on a led ride culminating in circuits of the High Street, under the finishing line, and meeting pro-cyclists from Team CTC. More details.
Numbers will be limited for this free ride so book early.
Free cycling starts every Thursday and Saturday in Chelmsford
New weekly gentle cycle rides start in Chelmsford on Thursday 2nd May and Saturday 11th May. The rides which will meet at Riverside Ice and Leisure Centre, are FREE and open to all, especially those who haven’t cycled for a long time.
Regular rides continue to please
All the regular rides continue. They're very gentle, sociable, open to all and FREE:
- Tuesdays 10am at the Musket Club in Colchester
- Wednesdays 11am from Leisure World in Colchester
- Saturdays (1st and 3rd of the month) 11am from Leisure World
- Tuesday evening rides (1st and 3rd of the month) 7pm from Leisure World (slightly longer for people used to cycling 10 - 15 miles)
What Cycle Champions is all about?
- Giving people the support and encouragement to get cycling, often for the first time in years and some for the first time ever.
- Working with communities, groups and clubs to enable cycling to develop at grass-roots level.
- Developing new cycling volunteers and supporters, with new skills and great experiences that keep cycling going on long into the future.
Everyone involved is a Cycling Champion!
Alternatively, please write to: CTC Cycle Champions, Rowan House, Sheepen Road, Colchester, CO3 3WG.