About The Group
South Herts CTC organises more than 120 rides during the year:
- Wednesday evening rides
- Half day and all day rides on Sundays
- Saturday rides for women beginners (Five Miles to Fabulous)
- Saturday Spins: fast Saturday morning rides
- Saturday Saunters: easy morning rides on Saturdays
- Special extra rides for bike week and
- A group tour every summer.
The latest programme can be found at www.southhertsctc.org.uk.
About our rides
Easy Saturday rides are leisurely and use up to 20-mile circuits returning for lunchtime.
On Sundays we lead half-day or all-day rides at a moderate speed (12 mph avg.). Often we split into faster and slower rides, usually to the same destinations, to suit riders on the day. We have plenty of stops: a morning break at a café, a lunch stop (usually at a pub, but sometimes we have a picnic or use a café) and, in the summer, an afternoon break at a café. If you don't want to stay out all day, a group usually returns after the morning coffee stop. You can also shorten the ride by meeting us at our morning stop.
Our popular Saturday Spins are 13+ mph average and aim to return in time for lunch.