Introduction to managing your group homepage
Who can edit my group homepage?
This can be done by either the 'group manager' or 'group administrators'. A group has only one group manager but can have many group administrators.
Who is the group manager?
When we setup a new homepage for a group, the group manager is the principal contact that we have for the group (typically the group secretary). However, this can be changed and it is usually worth speaking to other group members to find out who the group manager is.
How can I allow other people to edit my group homepage?
The group manager can make other CTC members group administrators so that they too can edit and add new content (news, events & rides).
The group manager can follow these steps to create a new group administrator:
Please note: to complete the process, you will need to know the username of the member that you wish to make group administrator. If you don't know what this is, the best thing to do is to ask them.
1) Login to to the website.
2) Go to the homepage of your group.
3) Click on 'Subscribers List' in the sidebar.
The 'Subscribers List' link in the sidebar
4) You will be taken to a page called 'Members of [group name]', which shows all of the subscribers to your group and those that are group administrators.
The 'Members of [group name]' page
5) Is the member's username shown in the list? If it is, please continue, otherwise see 'When the member's username is not shown' below.
6) Click on 'Admin: Create' against the relevant username.
7) On the next page, click 'Confirm'.
Click on 'Confirm'
8) If successful, you will see a confirmation message on the subscribers list page in a yellow box underneath the page title.
The confirmation message
9) The member will now be a group administrator and an email will automatically be sent to tell them that this has happened.
When the member's username is not shown
1) Is the member's username not shown in the list of subscribers? Then please click on the 'Add members' tab.
2) In the box called 'List of users', enter the username of the member you wish to add (see #1 on the picture below), then click on 'Add users' (see #2 on the picture below).
The add a new user page
3) If successful, you will see a confirmation message in a yellow box underneath the page title.
The confirmation message
Do you wish to change the group manager?
Contact the webmaster and request the change. Please provide the following information: the group name, the current group manager's username and the new group manager's username.