- Make the message is one that the maximum number of people can put their name too.
- Make sure that it is addressed to the individual who has the power to tackle the problem.
- If you are producing general-purpose cards (e.g. requests for cycle parking) with the address blank, provide some instructions.
- Distribute as widely as possible.
- Make sure they are properly focused, not a rambling demand.
- Humour can soften your message.
- Make the postcards eye-catching to the public.
- Pick a popular issue; besides the expense of printing, if a council or company only receives one pre-printed card, it may undermine your claims to public support.