Campaigners write a resolution and persuade an ally to present it for adoption.
- Take advice from allies within the targetted organisation on the best way to draft and present your resolution.
- In local authorities, friendly officers may help with background information and advice, both technical and political.
- Be sensitive to local political circumstances.
- Commitments requiring immediate expenditure by the ruling party will meet resistance. It is sometimes better to make progress in stages - getting a policy adopted in principle before working to translate it into expenditure and activity.
- Research the background extremely thoroughly.