Space for Cycling Campaigners Conference
Join us for a day of workshops for local cycle campaigners working on Space for Cycling - or wanting to get involved.
Register for the Conference here: https://bit.ly/1nmxZwQ
The national Space for Cycling campaign is calling on councils across the country to improve quality of life for all, by making our streets and roads safe and inviting for everyone to cycle, regardless of their ability or age.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mark Treasure from the Cycling Embassy of Great Britain on ‘Protected space and decent junctions’
- Rachel Aldred from the London Cycling Campaign on ‘Removing through traffic’
- Lizze Reather from Leeds Cycling Campaign on utilising social media
- Rod King from Twenty's Plenty for Us on ‘Lower speed limits’
- Andy Salkeld from Leicester City Council on ‘Liveable City Centres’
...plus speakers from CTC, Cyclenation and other organisations.
A full workshop timetable is available here: http://bit.ly/1rk0wDO
Reasons to come to the Conference:
- to find out how you can use the Space for Cycling campaign to improve cycling in your area
- to meet, learn and share ideas from experienced campaigners
- to pick up an ‘Activist Pack’ of Space for Cycling printed campaign and publicity materials
Registration: You can register for the event on the CTC’s Registration Page.
Cost: We are asking for a donation of between £5 - £10 based on your ability to pay. This is to cover venue hire fees and conference costs. Donations will be collected on the door. This cost does not cover lunch, which will be served in the venue café.
Travel Bursary: CTC is willing to cover up to one third of the travel cost of attendees, if you have limited means and or a long journey time. Please bring tickets or travel receipts on the day.
Spread the word: We’d like to use the event to boost the campaigning base in local groups across the country. Feel free to invite as many of your members as possible. It’s a great opportunity to get skilled up on the issues. You can forward this email and share the Facebook event on your local website and twitter.
Rides and activities
Map and Address
CTC, the national cycling charity, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 9JX