Olympic mountain bike races to be shown live in Swindon
Swindon Borough Council’s Leisure Services are organising FREE sports events at Wharf Green throughout the 16 days of the Olympics and CTC will be there to join in the fun.
The Live Site will be showing the games for all to see on a big screen and local clubs will be providing demos and information on the ground in front of it to inspire residents to take up cycling themselves.
The Olympic women's cross country races will be shown from 12.30pm.
There will also be plenty of activities and information to let you know what there is for cyclists, both competitive and non-competitive, in Swindon, including:
- A 100-seat tiered stand to watch the Olympic cross country mountain biking
- Wii Fit virtual games and lounge area with a cycling theme
- A Watt Bike demo/come and try for the public - static bikes that can be raced
- A Watt Bike race - local teams compete in a league for free and for pride
- A mountain bike arena for the public to try - portable obstacles and bikes to try out
- A unicyclist demo and workshop - coaching and giving the obstacles a go)
- Information stalls, video clips and info
- A special appearance from Rough Riderz UK - an all ability mountain biking club demonstrating four-wheeled mountain bikes for disabled riders
So come along and get inspired. And cheer on British cyclists with other enthusiasts!
A complete timetable will be available soon, but if you have any queries, please contact: CTC Cycling Development Officer Anna Cipullo 07717 696672
Map and Address
Map and Address