CTC Campaigns Training Day - Newcastle
Join us for a day of workshops on the Road Justice and Space for Cycling campaigns.
In Newcastle, we have teamed up with Newcycling, the local cycling campaign to deliver the training.
Space for Cycling workshops will include:
- Protected space and decent junctions
- Reducing traffic volumes and speeds
- Understanding and influencing your local authority
- Using the media (Carlton Reid, Executive Editor at Bike Biz)
Road Justice workshops will include:
- Understanding the Legal Framework
- Working with the police
- Following and attending court cases
A full workshop timetable can be found here.
Reasons to come to the Training Day:
- To skill up in either the Road Justice or Space for Cycling campaigns
- To meet, learn and share ideas from experienced campaigners and CTC staff
The event is aimed at all cyclists within a reasonable travelling distance of Newcastle. CTC will be running similar training events in Glasgow, Sheffield, Bristol, North and South Wales and Manchester in Autumn 2014.
Registration: You can register for the event here.
Travel Bursary: CTC is willing to cover up to one third of the travel cost of attendees, if you have limited means and or a long journey time. Please bring tickets or travel receipts on the day.
Rides and activities
Map and Address
CTC, the national cycling charity, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 9JX