Ride Manager - traffic free
As a Ride Manager you can help others enjoy the benefits of cycling. There are two courses, this one, the traffic free Ride Manager course and the on road Ride Manager course.
The course builds on the knowledge and skills you gained from the Ride Supporter course. By the end of this course you'll be able to independently manage and lead rides on quiet roads and traffic free paths. The on road Ride Manager course gives you experience in managing a group of inexperienced riders through traffic.
The difference is your level and experience. If you are an experienced road rider than you will easily fit into the on road Ride Manager course otherwise you may prefer the traffic free Ride Manager course.
During the course you will learn and demonstrate:
- Assessing participants and helping improve their confidence
- Different approaches to ride leading
- Route planning
- Reducing the likelihood of incidents and dealing with them if they do happen
- Reviewing and reflecting on your rides
Of course, you wont necessarily be able to learn everything about ride leading in this course. If you want or need to go beyond this, then progress on to the Ride Manager - on road or Trail Mountain Bike Leader course
- Be a confident rider to the level of Ride Supporter
- A well-maintained bicycle
- Interest in providing cycle rides and increasing participation
- Have attempted to fix punctures.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (It is a legal requirement to be 18 or over before you can be in charge of others.)
You may (but are not required to) also have:
- Previous experience in ride leading and / or leading groups in the outdoors
- An understanding of the M-check (bicycle safety check)