Ride Manager - on road
As a Ride Manager you can help others enjoy the benefits of cycling. There are two courses, the traffic free Ride Manager course and this one, the on road Ride Manager course.
The course builds on the knowledge and skills you gained from the Ride Supporter course. By the end of this course you will have experience in managing a group of inexperienced riders through traffic.
The difference is your level and experience. If you are an experienced road rider than you will easily fit into the on road Ride Manager course otherwise you may prefer the traffic free Ride Manager course.
During the course you will learn and demonstrate:
- Assessing participants and helping improve their confidence
- Different approaches to ride leading
- Route planning
- Snaking - a method for guiding a group of inexperienced riders through traffic
- Reducing the likelihood of incidents and dealing with them if they do happen
- Reviewing and reflecting on your rides
- Be a confident rider to the level of Ride Supporter
- A well-maintained bicycle
- Interest in providing cycle rides and increasing participation
- Have attempted to fix punctures
- An understanding of the M-check (bicycle safety check)
- Be at least 18 years of age. (It is a legal requirement to be 18 or over before you can be in charge of others.)
You may (but are not required to) also have:
- Previous experience in ride leading and / or leading groups in the outdoors