Professional development for instructors
Department for Transport recommends that all National Standards / Bikeability instructors receive a minimum of 3 hours continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
CTC offers a variety of CPD courses for instructors including:
- 1 day revision courses for instructors, who have not taught for awhile time and need knowledge and skills refreshing.
- Level 2 refresher course.
- Level 3 refresher course.
- Commuter Tutor trainer courses. 1 day to orientate the instructor in CTC’s Commuter Tutor course.
- Moving trainees around.
- Advanced road positioning.
- Maximising learning within Bikeability.