The Club Leader course is perfect for people who take out club runs and would like some further training and development in the core principles of leading rides.
Aims of this course
The overarching objective for the course is:
- To inspire participants to want to be club ride leaders and to equip them with the skills and knowledge required.
- To give them the opportunity to practise techniques in a 'safe' environment supported by peers and professional tutors.
To enable the club leaders to:
- To fulfil the aims and objectives of club riders so that they have a great time and keep coming back
- Increase participation in the club runs
About the course
The course lasts one day and is an engaging mix of practical and theory. We go for a simulated club run and practise leading different types of groups.
The theory covers:
- Why we are leading club runs
- What areas we need to control
- Where to go and how to assess that
- Simple participant assessment
Pre course knowledge
In order to fully benefit from this course the participant must be an experienced road club rider the participant should also have some experience in leading club runs. Experience in group riding is essential with some knowledge of holding a wheel.
Understand the process of planning rides Be able to verify equipment is safe and appropriate for use Be able to assess participants skill, fitness and experience Be able to explain the ride Understand group management techniques for club rides Be able to deliver inclusive group rides Establish and maintain a safe environment and demonstrate safe riding in a group
You must have experience of riding in a group with a road club.