Technical Skills Development course
Providing a concentrated day of individual skills development in preparation for the Go MTB Leader and Instructor Orientation, MTB Skills Instructor Urban or MTB Skills Instructor Award courses, this single days training fulfils two key aspects:
- improving your own skills
- enabling an understanding of how skills are taught from the point of view of a participant.
Those taking part often capitalise on the knowledge and skills gained through the day to get much more out of their subsequent course than might have been achieved without it, although it is not a pre-requisite for any course.
The Technical Skills Development course is often used on bespoke courses as a precursor by those who wish to fully appreciate and gain a greater understanding of riding skills development, as well as topping up your own riding skills. In many cases, this course enables a higher level of outcome on the Go MTB Leader and Instructor Orientation and the MTB Skills Instructor Urban.
With the TSD consisting of a one day course delivered by CTC's highly experienced Skills Tutors, this course provides a though understanding of all the key technical skills required for more advanced riding as well as CTC's Skill Instructional Awards.
The very latest coaching methods are used as well as video coaching to provide an enhanced learning environment.
You will develop an understanding and practice the key skills required for all levels of mountain biking. Key areas that are focused on will include:
- Correct bike set up
- Good riding positions
- Efficient braking techniques
- Cornering techniques
- Energy management (pumping and bump soaking)
- Bunny hops
- Drop off techniques
- Jumping skills
- Efficient climbing and confident descending
Prior to attending you will:
- Have access to a well maintained bike suitable for riding technical trails.
- Have riding appropriate clothing, helmet and full fingered gloves.
- Be able to ride non-technical routes with confidence.
- Be 18 years of age or more
- Have started to develop some basic riding ability on technical features such as drop offs, berms, jumps and northshore