MTB Skills Instructor Award
The Skill Instructor Award is a higher level qualification for those at the professional end of the mountain bike delivery spectrum. Consisting of a two day training course, logbook and single day assessment, the Skill Instructor Award is a thorough upskilling using a world beating skill learning system developed by CTC.
Skill Instructors capitalise on the knowledge and skills gained through their Technical Mountain Bike Leader Award and have extended their specific riding skills development knowledge, understanding and instruction capacities through the CTC Skill Instructor qualification.
Skill Instructors can work with CTC's Skill partners to provide the best skills development provision available. This provides for virtually all clients from novices to downhill racers. Skill Instructors can also provide the GoMTB awards
The Skill Instructor Award provides the basis for all riding skills development within mountain biking. Combined with the Techncial Leader Award, you are well placed to provide a vast range of mountain bike activities. You can continue to extend your knowledge, understanding and capacities through the:
- Have specifically helped your group members develop some level of riding skills and confidence in technical terrain, appropriate to the riders needs
- Be 18 years of age or more
Prior to attending you will have hold:
- Technical Leader Award
- A logbook of led rides in technical terrain (minimum of 6, but evidence of 20 or more leader experiences) and 12 personal rides (covering at least three geologically different areas) in technical terrain
- A valid and appropriate First Aid.
- A business plan detailing how you intend to reach participants, the area(s) you may use and how you can meet CTC Skill Instructor targets. Further information on this is available from the CTC Skill Instructor co-ordinator Ian Warby.