Road and Trailside Maintenance
- Personal safety, tool and chemical handling
- Tools, lubricants and aids
- Degrease, clean and lubricate
- Pre-ride equipment check
- Righty tighty and how tight is tight? - the torque wrench
- Brakes - cable adjustment, disc pad and v-brake block adjustment and replacement
- Gears - indexing, cable adjustment, limit adjustment
- Transmission - chain repair and replacement
- Headset - aheadset adjustment
- Wheels - punctures, tyre repair
- Emergency repairs - what to do when....
One day for this course or two days as part of the Maintenance Suite
To attend this course, you should have previously picked up a spanner and tried to work out what might be wrong and what you want to do to fix it?
You will need to be willing to 'get your hands dirty'