Maintenance for National Standards (Bikeability) Instructors
- A bike and its parts
- What you can do without tools
- Basic tools and how to use them
- Setting up bikes correctly - saddle, handlebars, levers
- Adjust bikes to fit the rider
- Pre-ride bike check - verify that bikes are safe
- Punctures - taking the wheel out, tyre removal, mending the puncture, replacing inner tubes, replacing the tyre and wheel
- Brakes - cable adjustment with barrel adjusters, brake pad alignment
- Gears - indexing (lining up the lever clicks with the gear changes)
- Aheadset ajustment
- Emergency repairs - what to do when.....
Designed to enable confidence and competence in the syllabus areas, this course demonstrates and enables you to practice all of the principles and how easy it is do the core principles in maintenance for Bikeability.
You will have undertaken your National Standard Instructor Training course before attending this course.