This course looks at all equipment associated with fleet management - bikes, helmets, group leaders kit and other equipment.
Ideal for hire centres, activity providers and loan agents, this course covers:
- Why are protocols required? - legislation and you with overall responsibility for safety
- Awards and approvals - external competency mechanisms
- Essential principles of operation for equipment provision
- How to develop an appropriate and workable record keeping system
- Equipment checks - on leaving, on returning and in depth
- Maintaining records and the audit trail
- Quarrantining and separation of unserviceable equipment - the space and work area requirements
- Comparision of your existing provision - what might need to change and how
This course is designed for those with overall responsibility for equipment maintenance, such as managers. It can be used by those involved in undertaking bike maintenance but supports their systems development rather than the skills in maintenance itself.
The course will generate a new, or modify your existing processes and protocols to be used by your staff on an individually tailored basis. The systems that we help you produce will suit your staff, work areas, equipment and future needs - you will gain the insight and skills to be able to adapt the system in light of future changes or needs.
As this course is provided at your venue, your existing systems are considered and reviewed in the light of current requirements, with consultative direction provided by the tutor.
You will be working at a location where several bikes and associated equipment are used, potentially by a variety of users over time. Classic locations include bike hire facilities, outdoor centres, bike shops running loan schemes and other activity providers.