Smarter choices - measures, including cycling, that help people find alternatives to driving - can make a huge difference to travel habits...
CTC View (formal statement of CTC's policy):
- Smarter choice measures are:
- a proven way of reducing car use and carbon emissions
- an effective means of encouraging people to take up cycling, or to cycle more often
- a good investment, offering an excellent return
- Investing in ‘smarter choices’ is at least as important as investing in physical improvements to the highway network.
- Both national and local authorities should dedicate sufficient resources to smarter choices, recognising that they rely on revenue rather than capital funding.