Local Access Forums (England & Wales)
CTC View (formal statement of CTC's policy):
- Cycling interests should be represented on all LAFs.
- Local authorities should be receptive and responsive to LAF recommendations on:
- amendments to the definitive map and on processing them in a timely fashion, to the benefit of off-road cyclists
- the promotion and signing of the RoW network and other opportunities for off-road cycling
- the proper maintenance of byways, bridleways and un-surfaced unclassified roads o the removal of obstructions.
- LAFs should promote off-road cycling as a healthy and enjoyable activity, particularly to families and young people.
- LAFs should adopt, implement and promote CTC’s key Rights of Way Improvement Plan (RoWIP) priorities
Download full campaigns briefing:
Publication Date:January 2013