Cycling and rail
While there have been significant advances over the last few years as far as secure cycle parking at some stations is concerned (see Headline Messages above), combining rail and cycle travel could be made much easier in several ways. For instance, it should be made as easy as possible to:
- cycle safely to and from rail stations,
- wheel a cycle over bridges or through subways
- store a cycle securely and conveniently at all stations
- hire a cycle from a station, wherever practicable
- find information about taking a cycle with you on a train
- reserve a cycle space on a train, if required
- and, importantly, to take it on the train itself.
For more on our views on cycle carriage, see 'Taking cycles by train'.