7 November 2012 - 3:41pm
Inclusive Cycling: Wheelchair Tandem Cycle Hire
When Marina Beaumont re-discovered cycling, through adapted cycles, she enjoyed it so much that she bought her own wheelchair tandem which she now makes accessible to others.
1 November 2012 - 12:08pm
Guide to Cycling and Touring in the Chilterns
Thinking of touring around the South East of England? With good train and bus links to either the Bucks, Herts or Wokingham end of the Chilterns, it's worth an explore. Here is a basic guide to some of the listed routes around the Chilterns.
29 October 2012 - 2:18pm
Accessible Cycling for people with disabilities
February 2010 saw the launch of a new cycling class specifically for people with disabilities and learning difficulties in Swindon. Since then, the range of bikes has grown and the classes are full.
24 October 2012 - 2:11pm
Cycle to Work schemes – save money on buying a bike and gear
If your journey to work is less than about 20 miles each way, you have probably thought about getting there by bike. Not only will the journey keep you fit and healthy, you’ll probably save a fortune in fuel and fares. But of course, you’ll need a fairly robust bicycle and some equipment first.
23 October 2012 - 3:01pm
Top ten tips for cycling in traffic
In today's busy road conditions, what you may have learned years ago in the playground for your Cycling Proficiency badge just doesn't cut it. Update your cycling skills with our top ten tips.
17 September 2012 - 4:55pm
New guidance on shared use routes
A new guidance note from the Department for Transport on shared use routes for pedestrians and cyclists has been published. CTC and other user groups had previously submitted comments. Although it improves the situation a little, major problems remain, particularly around ensuring route quality.
23 August 2012 - 2:52pm
Is it really possible and practical to transport freight by cycle? CTC is involved in a european project to encourage more businesses to deliver by bike and trike.
6 July 2012 - 9:22am
Respond to the Government's consultation English rights-of-way legislation
The Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs' consultation on the processes for recording, diverting and extinguishing public rights of way (England) is a chance to suggest ways to make it easier for cyclists to engage with the system and help open more of the countryside for cycling.
11 June 2012 - 10:07am
Calais to Cannes (A diary account)
CTC Member Geoffrey Lewis has very kindly submitted a comprehensive set of diary notes from a trip he and some friends undertook from Calais to Cannes over 14 days in 2011.
22 May 2012 - 9:47am
Investigating the potential health benefits of the Cycling City and Towns
A new report concludes that health impacts can only be generated from the 19% of the population who might take up cycling and who are currently not getting enough exercise to benefit their health. The remaining 81% either are already physically active enough, or say they would never take up cycling.
8 May 2012 - 4:24pm
Promoting cycling in the health sector
Nowadays most people know how important it is to encourage active lifestyles rather than heap precious resources on treating disease caused by inactivity. The NHS has a vital role here - not just as a health provider, but as a huge employer.
30 April 2012 - 8:56pm
Enjoy summer cycling conditions now! Benji Haworth and Ed Oxley went to Greece with mountain bikes, while Dave Barter heads to Majorca with his road bike. Read the full article from CTC's Cycle Magazine.
30 April 2012 - 11:01am
Family cycling adventures
Going for a family bike ride with your children can be a real pleasure - and planning it well could make all the difference between success and disappointment.
27 April 2012 - 11:05am
The off-road End to End
Cycling from Lands' End to John o'Groats on road is a challenge, but riding it off-road, even more so! The longest off-road route in the UK's a tough ride, but perfectly doable given sufficient training/planning.
26 April 2012 - 12:38pm
This cycleway offers a 173 mile circuit of the Chilterns, signposted all the way for easy navigation; beautiful countryside; and the opportunity to spot one or two red kites!
26 April 2012 - 11:17am
Be a part of Cycle magazine
Cycle magazine is read by 70,000 CTC members and passed on to even more of their cycling friends. Find out how you can be part of one of the largest cycling magazines in the UK.
24 April 2012 - 1:42pm
Barriers on cycle paths
On road and off-road, there are a number of ways that cyclists can be discouraged from using a particular route. There may be natural challenges on some routes, but far more frustrating are those that have been designed in, making access for all difficult or in some cases impossible.