Richardsons CC is a CTC-affiliated club in Scarborough, formed in 2009. In two years it’s grown to 110 members.
It is the only cycling club in the area that has actively engaged with the local community. Activities in the last year have included:
- a family cycling day and barbecue, which attracted 80 people, half of whom were not club members;
- several guided off-road rides for beginners and family cyclists;
- led rides for 6th form students and Swedish exchange students in the autumn;
- off-road rides for teenagers with behavioral difficulties;
- beginners’ road rides for all-comers;
- Go-Ride skills days in local schools;
- a cycling ‘youth academy’ for children aged 8-16, each week;
- teaching basic cycling skills to Brownies so they could get their cycling badge;
- running a mountain bike race for children aged under 16 at a local school;
- liaising with local authority representatives and CTC Cycle Champion Martyn Bolt regarding a cycling festival in Scarborough, and advising on ways to boost cycling generally.