Apart from being a very efficient club secretary, Janet has frequently worked on CTC business into the early hours of the morning. Her cycling achievements are as follows:
- organized Chester & N. Wales CTC’s Early Season Tourist Trail for three years so efficiently that numbers of riders have increased from around 85 to 150;
- served on the local rides committee and produces all the relevant events lists;
- thought of, created, organized and led the recently formed Bicycle Belles Ladies Group. Several members have now joined CTC and ride on Sunday or Tuesday evenings. Average numbers are 20;
- organized a ride in aid of Breast Cancer Campaign and raised £475. Eight of the ladies completed basic cycle maintenance courses;
- attended meeting of the Merseyside Cycling Campaign and its Wirral Sub- Group. During a recent campaign, local MPs were questioned about cycling issues;
- organized ‘Cycling in the Himalayas’; a successful cycling-based audio video presentation at Heswall Hall ‘
- cycling to local conservation sites and helping with restoration work.